This is really happening, I’m revealing the Rustic Elegant Entryway AND explaining why it works!! What makes it so perfect (besides the fact that it’s gorgeous)? My clients love it AND it sets the tone for the rest of their home (which we plan on doing one room at a time – how fun, right!?). Entryways have to be perfect, I mean, it is the first place your guests see when they visit – so make sure your entryway tells your story, welcomes your guests and has a strong sense of your style all in one beautiful and practical space.
Let me explain why this design works:
- Designing this space I knew I wanted to use some symmetry, so I used the lamps and frames to anchor the design in a very balanced way which allowed for a very calm feel. I also wanted to add a mix of old and new elements to create visual interest and a sense of depth, so I created little vignettes on the entryway table in various heights and textures.
- For any space to work scale is top priority. A lot of clients reach out to me saying, “Something’s off, something just isn’t right and I cannot figure it out”, and most of the time it’s the scale or balance. Most people buy their wall art too small (ugh, it kills me!), so I added the large round mirror to keep the proportions right. This foyer has high ceilings and I needed a large piece to make a statement, not only did the mirror accomplish that, but it also made the space feel even bigger!
- Because the of high ceilings and amazing amount of natural light, I also needed to add warm elements to make the space welcoming. The rug, which is amazingly soft, and pillows added those cozy elements this space needed.
Now the fun part, the finishing touches!
Most people think once the big pieces are purchased the space is complete, but that’s not the case – that’s just furniture and walls! BORING! It’s the little details, or the “Design Elements” that give the space personality and character!
- Examples of these elements in this design include the gorgeous bird cage on the amazing, antique open book! Creating layers like this makes the design feel purposeful and interesting.
- Also, the wood frame with the handwritten “Welcome” sign and the mercury glass vases bring in new textures that really make this space special and memorable!
I take pride in creating timeless and curated spaces that represent my clients. Now, let me represent you and give your home timeless beauty sprinkled with your story! Email me to schedule your 30 minute phone consultation with me and if we’re a good fit, we’ll get you on the schedule! I’m looking forward to hearing from you and sharing more of my timeless creations, one design at a time!