Our foyer hallway is basically a long narrow cat walk that is used for football throwing, scooter riding, shoe kicking and car racing. It’s anything but glamorous, but somehow it’s one of the most interesting spaces in the house. I think probably because it tells our family story as you walk into the main living space of our home, our Family Room.
All of the decor was found on one successful shopping trip to HomeGoods (which I swear should be called HomeGods sometimes) and the idea for the space immediately came to me! I love how each of the three photos tells it’s own story; we have a newborn photo of each of our babies surrounded by a photo of our newly married hands on our wedding day. It’s so simple, but it really encompasses who we are.
Another favorite of mine is the built in “Drop Zone” we have right as you come in through the garage door which is just to the left of that bench as you’re coming down the hallway. You walk directly into that built-in shelving area that is fully equipped for backpacks, jackets, hats, and shoes. Believe me, it’s not this clean on a regular basis, but it’s SO functional for our family! The kids put their belongings on the left and use the bench to sit on when they put their shoes on as we’re running out the door. Mitch and I
pile neatly arrange our shoes up on the right and we all throw hang our things on the hooks. I’ve walked through other homes with the same floor plan and none of them had this built in gem – it just goes to show you that a little creativity (coupled with some clutter frustration) can really create something perfect for your family!
Entry Hallway Source List:
- Foyer Table: Cohen Console Table, Dovetail
- Sconces and Mirror: Local Consignment Store: STILL trying to find exact source
- Floral Arrangement: Custom Arrangement by Sara Lynn Brennan
- Table Lamps: Kirkands
- Baskets Under Table: World Market
- Pillows: Create and Barrel
- Tufted Gray Bench: HomeGoods
- 3 Gray Photo Frames: HomeGoods
- Round Entry Table: Cyril Lamp Table, Vanguard Furniture
- Large Vase on Entry Table: Creative By Nature HOME