The natural light in the foyer is the best! It’s like a warm hug from the sun when you enter the home. I often walk past and snap a photo because it just glows! I actually take photos of a lot of my custom florals in this spot because the light is just so dreamy. Everything about our entry is grand from the curved staircase to the extremely high 20 foot ceiling, but I wanted to make sure it didn’t feel too “formal” and definitely not “stuffy”. I wanted it to feel inviting so that when visitors come by, they want to step right in and feel comfortable.
I also had to keep the space practical because my kids (and husband) use the long foyer hallway as a launch pad, runway, race track, football field, etc. – let’s just say that things and people go flying by often, so I had to keep that in mind as I was styling the space. I mixed wood tones, old and new pieces and kept the space light and airy so that we could appreciate the grand architecture. I will definitely be adding more decor and styling to this area over time, especially during the holidays, but for now, I’m happy with where it is.
Entry/Foyer Source List:
- Rustic Wooden Foyer Table: Cohen Console Table, Dovetail
- Metal and Glass Console Table: HomeGoods
- Sconces and Mirror: Local Consignment Store: STILL trying to find exact source
- Floral Arrangement: Custom Arrangement by Sara Lynn Brennan
- Lamps on Wooden Table: Kirkands
- Lamps on Glass Table: Consignment Store, Black Lion
- Baskets Under Table: World Market
- Pillows in Baskets: Create and Barrel
- Round Foyer Table: Cyril Lamp Table, Vanguard Furniture
- Faux Fur Rug: Tuesday Morning
- Gray Braided Rug at Front Doors: World Market